Young Women LEAD at Northern Kentucky University
10/16 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Young Women LEAD and Toyota invite high school girls to Be the Change at this year’s Young Women LEAD Conference hosted at Northern Kentucky University
The Young Women LEAD conference presented by Toyota at Northern Kentucky University is for high school girls in the greater Cincinnati, northern Kentucky, and Indiana region. YWL focuses on Leadership, Education and Development (LEAD) empowering girls to be bold, confident leaders in their communities. The conference features keynote presenters, a career fair, interactive panel session, and leadership development. The conference is free to all participants with 700 students expected to attend.
Our emcee for this year’s Young Women LEAD at Northern Kentucky University is Tracy Stokes, M.Ed. who is passionate about creating authentic and inclusive spaces for others to reach their goals. She is energized by the connections she has made in her 18 years as an educator, and diversity and inclusion administrator and educator. Currently, she serves as Sr. Consultant for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at St. Elizabeth Healthcare. She has also served in similar roles at Northern Kentucky University and Gateway Community and Technical College.
We are excited to have Jamie Watkins as this year’s keynote presenter! Jamie is a mental wellness advocate, international speaker, coach, bestselling author, and talk show host. Jamie not only empowers her audience to embrace their self-worth, but she equips them with the tools to improve their overall happiness and well-being. Often called the Happiness Coach, Jamie is known for her infectious smile, positive energy, down-to-earth approach and keen ability to connect to her audience with a powerful message rooted in self-love, purpose and lifestyle success.
After the keynote address, students will attend interactive discussion panels and sessions. The sessions teach important skills needed to be successful in the workforce, encourage them to consider future careers in STEM, and provide them with tangible skills to develop their confidence and leadership potential.
All attendees will have the opportunity to send a postcard to space with Blue Origin’s Club for the Future. Each attendee will receive a postcard that Club for the Future will launch into space and back on a New Shepard rocket and return to you stamped “Flown to Space.”
What: Annual Young Women LEAD Conference at Northern Kentucky University
When: October 16 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Location: James C. and Rachel M. Votruba Student Union, 20 Kenton Drive, Highland Heights, Kentucky 41099
Agenda: Monday, October 16, 2023
8:30 – 9:00 Registration, Alumni Hall Student Union 100L
9:00 – 9:15 Welcome & Introductions, Student Union Ballroom
9:15 – 10:15 Keynote, Student Union Ballroom
10:15 – 10:55 Career Fair / Restroom Break
10:55 – 11:30 STEAM Session
11:30 – 12:00 Closing Remarks and Dismissal
- Registration is now FULL.
- We encourage early registration as registration is first-come, first-served and limited. We also encourage registrants to register themselves.
- The cost is FREE.
- All attendees must have a signed YWL Liability Waiver to attend the event. No one will be permitted to attend the event without a signed waiver.
- NOTE: Lunch will NOT be provided this year.
Event Specific Emergency Action Plan:
- The AEDs in the Student Union are located on the second floor Main Lobby near the elevators.
- NKU AEDs are are accessible to all campus occupants for use in a cardiac emergency.
- NKU has an emergency response team. You can visit the Safety and Emergency Management webpage to review NKUs Emergency Action Plan (EAP). This site includes all of NKU’s plans for the variety of emergencies that may occur.
- For any emergency, please contact 911. University Police and the Fire Department will be dispatched to respond.
- As part of this year’s conference, we will be conducting a shoe drive challenge in collaboration with WaterStep.
- WaterStep collects gently used shoes to support life-saving water projects around the globe.
- Every 3 pairs of shoes donated provides safe drinking water for 1 person for life.
- Let’s work together to fill the WaterStep van with 2,000 pairs of shoes!